make install problems
john francis lee
2014-07-21 12:12:27 UTC

I have debian 64bit so I have to build scheme48 1.9.2 on my system. I
followed instructions (http://s48.org/development.html) and make ran OK
... but make install wanted pdflatex.

I installed texlive (481mb!) ... but in all that crap there is no
tex2page.sty file and so make install fails.

Is there anyway to work around this, or can I just dump this damn 481mb
of latex goo and ... unfortunately ... scheme48 1.9.2 with it?

There is an old, 32bit version of scheme48 available. Maybe I'm crawlin'
way past my speed.

But will scsh work on a 64bit machine with a 32bit scheme48?

Thanks anyway for scheme48 and scsh. I hear they're really great.
Dan Reverri
Michael Sperber
2014-07-22 06:11:40 UTC
Post by john francis lee
I have debian 64bit so I have to build scheme48 1.9.2 on my system. I
followed instructions (http://s48.org/development.html) and make ran OK
... but make install wanted pdflatex.
The Scheme 48 tarball comes with documentation prebuilt. My guess is
that your machine got the timestamps of that generated documentation
mixed up.
Post by john francis lee
I installed texlive (481mb!) ... but in all that crap there is no
tex2page.sty file and so make install fails.
In order to build the documentation yourself, you'll need tex2page:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/tex2page/

Bummer it's not included in TeXLive ...
--
Regards,